Halloween Howl - Friday, October 24, 2014!
Prep your costumes for the year’s eeriest evening, when downtown Concord’s traditional Halloween Howl returns on Friday, October 24! This free community event offers a variety of activities for all ages, including:
- Trick-or-treating at downtown businesses from 5:30 to 7:30 pm.
- Horse-drawn wagon rides loading at the corner of Park and North Main Streets from 5:30 to 7:30 pm – FREE, courtesy of Granite State Candy Shoppe!
- WJYY’s DJ Nazzy and Mya – dance party on City Plaza, and the Annual Costume Parade starting at 6:00 pm (line up near the arch).
- Favorite local band Pat and the Hats plays outside in Bicentennial Square starting at 7:00pm, sponsored by True Brew Barista.
- As part of its Fun Family Friday from 6:30 to 8:30, Concord Family YMCA hosts a spooky Haunted House in the Child Development Center on Warren Street behind the Y’s main building.
- Red River Theatres screens 1922 silent film Nosferatu with live music @ 7:00pm ($10); and the cult classic Rocky Horror Picture Show (R) @ 9:30pm ($15)
- Carved Pumpkin Contest outside the Concord Food Co-op – judging begins at 5:30.
- Double Midnight Comics – free comic books and costumed superheroes on City Plaza.
- Illuminated “Milk Jug Ghosts” created by local youths and displayed around downtown. Click here for information on how to create a milk jug ghost of your own and add it to the display!
- Radio station 102.3 the River will be on Main Street, near the entrance to Bicentennial Square, with music and giveaways.
To make way for all the fun and to ensure safety for thousands of trick-or-treaters, North Main Street from Centre Street to Pleasant will be closed to vehicles from 4:00 to 8:30 pm. Parking is available at the Capitol Commons, Firehouse Block, and Durgin Block garages.
Halloween Howl is proudly presented by Intown Concord and generously sponsored by Granite State Candy Shoppe and Double Midnight Comics & Collectibles, with support from True Brew Barista, WJYY-FM/Binnie Media, 102.3 the River, and HP Hood.
Intown Concord Inc. is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote and enhance the business environment, cultural activities, housing and appearance of historic downtown Concord. To learn more, call 603-226-2150 or visit intownconcord.org.
Halloween Howl is sponsored by...
THANKS to our downtown businesses and the Concord Community for helping make Halloween Howl great! Click here to see awesome 2013 Halloween Howl photos from our Facebook friends.
If you’re interested in volunteering to help with Halloween Howl, please contact us at 603-226-2150 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!