Midnight Merriment is FRIDAY, DECEMBER 5 2014 ~ DOWNTOWN CONCORD!
FRIDAY, DEC. 5, 5:30 TO 12 MIDNIGHT: Join us downtown to kick off Concord's holiday shopping season at the 22nd Annual Midnight Merriment! Enjoy unique, locally owned businesses, beautifully decorated windows and historic buildings, and old-fashioned hospitality, throughout the downtown.
Midnight Merriment offers a variety of activities for shoppers of all ages:
- Enjoy festive holiday decorations, special promotions, and refreshments at your favorite shops throughout Concord’s downtown; bring your wallet and support our local economy!
- Dine with friends and family at a variety of tasty downtown restaurants
- Fill in a Win The Window passport for a chance to win fabulous downtown prize packages, including a grand prize of 30 gift cards and items valued at more than $750
- Strolling caroling groups will delight your ears throughout the evening...
- Winter Giftopolis with Concord Arts Market on 2 levels in Eagle Square Atrium – more than 20 fine art and craft vendors, one night only (6:30 to 11:00pm)
- Bring your camera and your wish list for a visit with Santa in Eagle Square Atrium (6:30 to 8:00)
- Enjoy bright and festive holiday window decorations, and visit the winner of the Merchants Roundtable Holiday Window Decorating Contest
- Deliver your letter to Santa at Santa's letterbox (built by Parker Academy) at Eagle Square
- Enjoy the tree and manger scene and menorah on City Plaza
- Warm Up With a Book – Children's stories read by local celebs, free books for kids, courtesy of Concord Public Library Foundation. At Endicott Furniture (6:00 to 8:00)
- Concord Regional Visiting Nurse Association’s Hospice Lights of Life Ceremony – 6:30pm at Merrimack County Savings Bank, 89 N. Main Street
- Take a craft break and make a Winter Star Ornament with instructor Deb Fairchild at the League of NH Craftsmen HQ, 49 S. Main Street. Free, with hourly start times 5:30-8:30pm; sign up online at nhcrafts.org.
- Free, festive treats and conversation with the New Hampshire Public Health Association, 4 Park Street, Suite 403 (5:00 to 8:00).
- Women's Club of Concord open house with warm drinks, baked goods, and Chamberlin House tours, 44 Pleasant Street (5:30 to 7:30)
- Holiday Poster Sale at Red River Theatres – featuring movie posters of films shown at RRT and lots more. And hot chocolate!
Free and convenient parking is available after 5:00 pm on North and South Main streets, side streets and the Durgin Block, Firehouse and Capital Commons garages.
Please note that downtown streets will remain open to vehicle traffic during Midnight Merriment.
Intown Concord is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote and enhance the business environment, cultural activities, housing and appearance of historic downtown Concord. To learn more call 603-226-2150 or visit www.intownconcord.org.