23rd Annual Midnight Merriment, 12/4!
FRIDAY, DEC. 4, 5:30 TO 12 MIDNIGHT: Join us downtown to kick off Concord's holiday shopping season at Intown Concord's 23rd Annual Midnight Merriment, presented by NH Federal Credit Union! Enjoy unique, locally owned businesses, beautifully decorated windows and historic buildings, and old-fashioned hospitality, throughout the downtown. Bust out of the big box and come experience the charm of holiday shopping in downtown Concord.
Midnight Merriment offers a variety of activities for shoppers of all ages:
- SHOP DIFFERENT! Enjoy festive holiday decorations, special promotions, and refreshments at your favorite shops throughout Concord’s downtown; bring your wallet and support our local economy!
- Dine with friends and family at a variety of tasty downtown restaurants
- Revel in the stunning new streetscape on North Main Street – along with sparkling new wreaths for a magical holiday environment
- Fill in a Win The Window passport for a chance to win one of four fabulous downtown prize packages – total value of more than $1,600!
- Strolling caroling groups will delight your ears throughout the evening...
- Sign up for the First Annual Midnight Merriment Beard Contest, a display of festive facial foliage to rival Santa’s! Click here for details. City Plaza (7:30pm)
- Winter Giftopolis with Concord Arts Market on 2 levels in Eagle Square Atrium – more than 20 fine art and craft vendors, one night only (6:30 to 11:00pm)
- Bring your camera and your wish list for a visit with Santa in Eagle Square Atrium (6:30 to 8:00)
- Enjoy bright and festive holiday window decorations, and visit the winners of the Holiday Window Decorating Contest, which will be announced on 12/4
- Deliver your letter to Santa at Santa's letterbox (built by Parker Academy) at Phenix Plaza (42 N. Main)
- Enjoy the Christmas tree, Nativity scene, and Menorah on City Plaza & State House Plaza
- Gift wrapping at 41 North Main Street – Get all your holiday tasks done at Midnight Merriment. By donation (6:00-11:00pm)
- Pop-up entertainment, Elfie-selfie station, Karaoke with a dancing Santa, music, and instant raffles to win Downtown Dollars – details and schedule coming soon
- Warm Up With a Book – Children's stories read by local celebs, free books for kids, courtesy of Concord Public Library Foundation. At Endicott Furniture 12 S. Main Street (6:00 to 8:00)
- Open Gallery and refreshments at League of NH Craftsmen HQ, 49 S. Main Street (4:00 to 9:00). Also, take a craft break and make a Boiled Leather Tree Star with League member Claire Renaud; details & registration to come at nhcrafts.org.
- Open Gallery and sale of handcrafted small pieces at NH Furniture Masters – inside Greater Concord Chamber of Commerce, 49 S. Main Street (5:00-8:00).
- Holiday Open House with refreshments and kids’ activities, hosted by NH Public Health Association, 4 Park Street, Suite 403 (5:00-8:00).
- Holiday Poster Sale at Red River Theatres – featuring movie posters of films shown at RRT and lots more; warm up at the hot cocoa bar (free) and hang out with Santa Dude (5:30-9:00)
- Piped-in holiday music from downtown radio station WNHN, brought to you by the members of the Merchants Roundtable
- Midnight Merriment is sponsored by NH Federal Credit Union (47 N. Main) – Stop by their office to visit with Santa, enjoy cookies/hot chocolate refreshments and WOW –ask about their loan application fee waiver (value of $60) available to all.
Free and convenient parking is available after 5:00 pm on North and South Main streets, side streets and the Durgin Block, Firehouse and Capital Commons garages.
Please note that downtown streets will remain open to vehicle traffic during Midnight Merriment.
THANKS to our awesome Midnight Merriment SPONSORS!! NH Federal Credit Union, Granite State Candy Shoppe, Zoë & Co., Professional Bra Fitters, Margaritas Concord, Concord Antique Gallery, Northeast Delta Dental, Hermanos Cocina Mexicana, Gondwana & Divine Clothing Co., Vibes Gourmet Burgers & Buza Dairy Bar, and W.G. Ellerkamp Co.
Intown Concord is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote and enhance the business environment, cultural activities, housing and appearance of historic downtown Concord. To learn more call 603-226-2150 or visit www.intownconcord.org.